- Xplor acquires leading early years technology platform Discover to invest in edu-tech and improve access to quality care and education for families in New Zealand.
- Deal will see Xplor’s innovative childcare apps integrated in the Discover platform to streamline education delivery and parent engagement for more than 1,500 centres across New Zealand.
- A first for New Zealand, Xplor will launch a brand new marketplace designed to make it easier for families to find, compare and enrol in childcare, helping childcare services fill their empty spaces.
Xplor Technologies, a leading global platform integrating software, payments, and commerce-accelerating technologies for businesses in Education, Boutique Wellness, Health and Fitness, Field Services, and Personal Services, has today announced it has agreed to acquire New Zealand’s leading childcare management software platform, Discover. With a shared goal in removing the unnecessary burden of administration, childcare services, educators and families will see greater access to quality childcare, including remote education options, and more convenient ways for parents to engage in their child’s learning.
“Xplor’s mission has remained unchanged since we started over a decade ago to provide better access to, and equity of, early learning education for children everywhere. With the acquisition of Discover, we’ve edged ever closer to completing that mission.”
– Mark Woodland, CEO of Education at Xplor
Xplor Technologies was recently formed through the merger of global software and payments solutions provider Transaction Services Group (TSG), and full-service integrated payment solutions provider Clearent, based in the United States. Founded as TSG in New Zealand in 1994, Xplor has a team of over 200 in Auckland, and has featured on the TIN100 list of fastest-growing technology companies in New Zealand for the past three years – ranked sixth on Ten Companies to Watch for Kiwi tech companies with the largest revenue growth in 2020.
In just five years, Discover has become New Zealand’s platform of choice in the Early Years sector, serving over 1,500 childcare service providers with technology developed by a team who have spent their careers in education, dedicated to providing educators, service owners and families with an incredible experience.
The acquisition will see Discover’s management software platform seamlessly integrated with Xplor’s market-leading apps. Existing Discover clients will still use the same platform they have known and loved but will see additional products available to them:
- Parent app, Home, is a free app to help families stay in touch with their child during care and track their unique learning journey, along with access to expert parenting content.
- Space, a brand new childcare listing marketplace and the largest in Australia, will improve families’ access to quality care services, provide ease in enquiring and enrolling their child directly, while helping centres increase occupancy.
- An additional integration planned for launch in the near future will see the educator app Playground helping educators deliver better quality education, as well as tracking health and safety components.
“Xplor’s deep commitment to educators, children, families and the early education sector is something special, and we’re excited to be bringing these new solutions to our clients and their families.”
– Mark Woodland, CEO of Education at Xplor
“The addition of Discover makes our education lineup even better, and will bring free apps enabling centres to better connect with families, technology helping educators to deliver high-quality education, and a new marketplace to drive greater occupancy for childcare centres,” said Mark Woodland, CEO of Education for Xplor. “We’re bringing together these extraordinary teams so we can continue to build the most innovative, world-class, early education products and services, and give more children access to a wide range of education options in their early lives.”
“Xplor’s deep commitment to educators, children, families and the early education sector is something special, and we’re excited to be bringing these new solutions to our clients and their families.” said Ewart MacLucas, Founder and CEO of Discover.
“Education plays such an important role in building our children’s future life skills, which is why edu-tech is an integral part of Xplor’s cloud-based, all-in-one technology DNA and always will be,” said Floris de Kort, Group CEO, Xplor. “We’re continuing to invest in early learning software to demonstrate our commitment to the sector, drive further technology innovation, and empower more parents in their search for quality childcare.”
Xplor helps children get the best start in life by personalising learning experiences. Families can relive important moments in a private online community that grows with them over time – and access virtual learning and education programs alongside tailored, onsite education resources for their child. Educators and service owners focused on high-quality childcare practice choose Xplor to help them succeed.
Discover is a modern, cloud-based childcare administration management product that makes childcare simple by providing smarter, easy-to-use systems that eliminate wasted administration time. Managing inquiries and marketing, enrollments, waitlists, room transitions, staff rosters and ratios, visitor tracking, staff HR for the childcare market, tablet-based attendance, payments from bank feeds, invoicing and all other aspects of day-to-day childcare administration – Discover is also certified by the Ministry of Education for the New Zealand market.
To learn more visit: https://try.discoverchildcare.co.nz/