NQS: Quality Area 2
Deep dive into Children’s Health and Safety of the National Quality Standards.
- The most common area failed in Ratings & Assessment is Health Practices and Procedures (2.2.1)
- Of QA2, the area most services meet the NQS is 2.1.1 – Wellbeing & Comfort
- 13% of services aren’t meeting the Safety Standard of the NQS
- 1 in 5 services in the Northern Territory and Western Australia aren’t meeting Quality Area 2 (Children’s Health & Safety)
- Learn how to improve your ratings in QA2
- See what assessors looks for in A&R
- How Xplor supports best practices
- Handy tips on preparing your service for assessment
Children’s Health and Safety
EXCERPT: Keeping children of all ages safe and healthy is one of the most critical tasks of childcare providers.
Under Quality Area 2, all children have a right to safety, protection from harm under adequate supervision, and effective management of incidents and emergencies. These practices are paramount at all times to deliver quality outcomes for children’s health, comfort and wellbeing, and to support children’s safety and engagement in the educational program.
We have included a series of responses to help services answer questions related to the Xplor platform and how it supports best practice. These responses are just examples, and you should consider how Xplor supports your service
Download the guide for more information.