NQF: Quality Area 1
Deep dive into Educational Program and Practice of the National Quality Framework.
- The educational program and practice is stimulating, engaging and enhances children’s learning and development.
- The implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF) was designed to drive ongoing improvements within Australia’s childcare sector.
- 1 in 4 services aren’t meeting the National Quality Standards (NQS).
- How Xplor supports best practices
- See what assessors looks for in A&R
- Learn how to improve your ratings in QA1
- Handy tips on preparing your service for assessment
Educational Program and Practice
EXCERPT: The educational program and practice is stimulating, engaging and enhances children’s learning and development. In services for children over preschool age, the program nurtures the development of life skills and complements children’s experiences, opportunities and relationships at school, at home and in the community.
Quality Area 1 focuses on ensuring that the educational program and practice of educators are child-centred, stimulating and maximise opportunities for enhancing and extending each child’s learning and development. It recognises that a quality program that builds on children’s individual knowledge, strengths, ideas, culture, abilities and interests is likely to have long-term benefits for children and for the broader society.
We have included a series of responses to help services answer questions related to the Xplor platform and how it supports best practice. These responses are just examples and you should consider how Xplor supports your service.
Download the guide for more information.